33.1. Main concepts
Here follows a short explanation of all different methods that can modify or add to a traversal description.
- Pathexpanders — define what to traverse, typically in terms of relationship direction and type.
- Order — for example depth-first or breadth-first.
- Uniqueness — visit nodes (relationships, paths) only once.
- Evaluator — decide what to return and whether to stop or continue traversal beyond the current position.
- Starting nodes where the traversal will begin.
See Section 33.2, “Traversal Framework Java API” for more details.